Protect Yourself: 5 Signs of a Phone Hack
Mobile threats have evolved rapidly and they’re more sophisticated than ever before. Watch for these signs that you’ve been hacked and learn a few tips on how to keep yourself protected.
1. Your phone is hot. A device that’s running malware in the background is working harder. This means it’ll likely feel warmer to the touch.
2. Battery life decreases. Just as your device may feel warm to the touch, you might notice battery life dropping significantly if you have malware on your phone.
3. Performance issues. You may notice myriad performance issues with a compromised device, including frequent app crashes, random reboots, and unusual loss of connectivity or cell signal.
4. Random apps appear. It’s definitely not normal for random apps to appear on your device. This is a problem more likely to occur with Android phones, especially if you’ve bypassed default security settings.
5. Strange text messages. If your device is compromised, you may notice strange text messages. Additionally, your contacts may report receiving strange messages from you. This is likely spam that’s attempting to get you or your contacts to tap a malicious link.
Do this to steer clear of a corrupted phone:
* Reboot frequently
* Make sure your operating system is up to date
* Download only apps approved by Apple or the Android Play Store
* If your phone is old, consider replacing it
* Never click a texted or emailed link unless you know it’s valid
* Consider using an app that encrypts your messages
© National Security Institute, Inc. www.nsi.org
Recent SecuritySense Posts
- Better Privacy and Security Are Critical to Pandemic Recovery
- Understanding and Using Instagram
- Cyber-Bullying: Tips to Pass on to Your Kids
- The Offline Threat – 5 Old-School Attacks
- Anatomy of a Phishing Scam
- 10 Tips: Protect Seniors from Online Fraud
- Data Breaches: A Ticking Time Bomb for Consumers
- Rethinking Passwords in the ‘Brute Force’ Age
- The 7 Key Categories of Threat Actors
- 4 Things Your Home Office Needs
Protect Yourself & Your Company From Cybercrime
Unique Content Strategy
People pay attention to content they find personally relevant. SecuritySense doesn’t feel like you’re being given extra work to do. It’s a blend of personal and work-relevant cybersecurity tips, warnings, human interest stories, instructions, news and insights that everyone looks forward to receiving. More about our content strategy
The Secret to Creating Awareness
Brand marketers know if you want to create awareness you have to do two things. Steadily promote your message and make sure that message offers content that personally resonates with your audience. SecuritySense makes it easy for you to do both.
Compare Our Per Employee Cost
Compare our per employee annual cost with the $8.00 – $20.00 seat licenses you might pay for training platforms. It’s a no-brainer to add SecuritySense to your overall program.